Southborough, MA - Flat Earth Studio today announces Yi Jing, the Book of Changes for the iPhone and iPod touch.
The definitive mobile version of Yi Jing, or I Ching, the Book of Changes, done the way it was meant to be experienced. One of the oldest books written has been re-crafted to take advantage of the unique features of your mobile device. One single App contains all of the features you would expect to use with Yi Jing, including a question oracle, an integrated journal, and book text in multiple translations and interpretations.
- Enter a question or phrase
- Toss coins by shaking
- Or use manual line input
- Automatically saves questions with results in a journal.
Manage a journal…
- Browse saved questions by date
- Search by keyword
- View Present, Changes (lines) and Future Hexagram text
- Add your own notes
- Mail journal entries to yourself or someone else.
Browse the book…
- Choose from multiple language translations/interpretations
- Includes Chinese, German (Wilhelm), and English
- Original Chinese characters and Pinyin phonetics
- King Wen Hexagram numbers are indicated for easy lookup
- Trigram descriptions and attributes are included
- Zoom in on a Hexagram’s component Trigrams
- Zoom in on a Hexagram’s Ruling Lines with description
- Jump to opposite, inverse and mutual Hexagrams.
Other key features…
- Straightforward and elegant interface design
- A Settings option to represent coin heads as Yin
- A Settings option to cast coins with Yarrow stalk probabilities, where changing Yang is more likely, and changing Yin is less likely
US English, German, Chinese
All iPhone and 2nd-Gen iPod Touch devices
Pricing and Availability
Yi Jing is available for only $2.99 (USD) through the Apple App Store. An evaluation copy is available upon request. Please contact us for interview and/or commentary.
Please visit http://wwwflatearthstudio.com/Apps for more information.
Located in Southborough, MA, Flat Earth Studio develops premium lifestyle apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch and other mobile devices. All Software (C) 2009 Brian Arnold, All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.