Several settings are included in the Settings app that change the default behavior of the app. To change these settings:
- Press the home button to exit the app
- Open the settings app
- Scroll down until you see the app icon and tap that
The following settings can be changed:
Question oracle options
- Coin face is Yang: Default is Off, the coin side withwriting represents Yin. If On, the coin side with writing represents Yang.
- Quick Method: This determines the probabilities used by the Quick oracle method. The default is 1 Changing line.
- 1 Changing line: a hexagram will be produced with exactly one changing line.
- 3 Coin probabilities: produces the same result as the 3 Coin oracle method.
- Yarrow probabilities: produces the same result as the Yarrow oracle method.
- Sound Effects: Default is On, sounds are enabled, and can be controlled using the device's volume and mute settings. If Off, sounds are disabled.
- Book style: controls how lines, trigrams and hexagrams are displayed.
- Follow the book will follow the line style and changing line indicator of the book.
- Modern indicates a thick modern line style and a changing line with a dot '•' to the right.
- Classic indicates a thin classic line style and a changing line with an x or an o in the middle.
- Calligraphy indicates a decorative line style ‘~’ and a changing line with an x or an o in the middle.
- Line order: controls the order in which lines are listed in the book.
- Follow the book: lists line text in the order found in the book.
- Top to bottom: lists line text from the 6th line to the 1st line.
- Bottom to top: lists line text from the 1st line to the 6th line.
- Use iCloud: Default is on, the journal is synced between devices using iCloud. If you are having problems with iCloud, turn this off. Your journal will remain local to the device.
- Export Format: Default is HTML, copying or e-mailing a journal entry uses HTML format. If Tab-delimited, copying or e-mailing a journal entry uses tab-delimited text format.
- Show Changes: controls how many changing lines are displayed in the journal.
- All: shows all changing lines.
- First: only shows the first changing line.
- Master Yin: shows only one changing line, based on the method described in "The Complete I Ching" by Taoist Master Alfred Huang.
- Modified Zhu Xi: shows only one changing line, based on S J Marshall's adaptation of Zhu Xi's rules.
S J Marshall’s adaptation of Zhu Xi’s rules (published in 1186 CE) are described on Joel Biroco’s Yijing Dao web site, http://www.biroco.com/yijing/basics.htm.